Site shows 0 plugin and theme updates in report, even though there have been updates

The MainWP Child Reports plugin is installed on the client website.

However, the report shows 0 plugin updates and 0 theme updates over the past 30 days, even though I am 99% sure that there have have been plugin updates during that time frame.

Why might this be happening? How can I fix it?

Hi @danielvos

MainWP Child plugin has had to be installed for the activity to be logged and it cannot show any activity retroactively.

Can you go to the WP Admin of the child site in question, then Settings > MainWP Child > Child Reports page, and check if there are any logs during the relevant time period?

And naturally, be sure to sync the site on the MainWP Dashboard before making a report to fetch the most recent information.

Yes, there are logs on the Child Reports page.

I see a record of a plugin Installed and Activated during the relevant time period. But no records of a plugin Upgraded.

Do you know if those updates were performed by uploading a ZIP file? If so, WordPress technically counts those kinds of updates as Installations/Activations.

Only updates performed through the Updates page will be logged as updates.

None of the updates would have been performed by uploading a ZIP file.

Thanks for the update. We weren’t able to reproduce an issue with this part of the report.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

And please refer to this Managers thread by its URL in the ticket.

If the problem happens again in a future reporting cycle, I will do so.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.