Tried Bulk Settings Manager And Horked A Site?

I created a site key with site A.
Applied the key to site B.

Now, when I try to log on to the admin of site B it logs on to the admin of site A - this happens whether trying to log on to the site manually (siteB/wp-admin) or through the MainWP SSO button.

I can not get to the admin of siteB.

Note: Browsing to the siteB front end works fine.

What in the world happened?

Hey @Doug

Based on your description of the problem, I assume that you applied the BSM settings to Child Site’s General Settings (/wp-admin/options-general.php)?

If so, the problem was likely caused because the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) were overwritten.

Hi @bojan , Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was on the Child Site’s General Settings (/wp-admin/options-general.php), but the only setting I had changed, before making the key, was the WP core auto-update setting.

If I am correct (it appears that I am not) the documentation and videos (8 years old) show that only the settings you change are recorded in the key you make - - I just looked at the key again and it appears to be correct with ONLY the disabling of the core-major-auto-updates

Any idea if I am correct in my understanding of how this is “supposed” to work?

Key Maker will grab all values from a certain page, not just the ones that are changed.

You can verify the fields and values in plain text when creating the key:

We have a KB “Change WordPress Administration Email Address on Multiple Child Sites at Once” which applies settings to the same /wp-admin/options-general.php page.

In it, we specifically mention that Boilerplate tokens are necessary to avoid overwriting WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL).

An easy way to fix those two values and get your site back in action is to edit the database table.

1 Like