Updraft Plus - manual backup widget

Hi,

when using UpdraftPlus Premium for backups, MainWP uses this widget / popup:

These option differ from updrafts default popup. In MainWP you can only exclude certain files, but not granular.

This is the widget / popup updraft uses on its maintenance service UpdraftCentral:

Screenshot is in German, but you can specifically choose what files to include:

• Database
  • Plugins
  • Themes
  • Uploads

This would be very useful for MainWp as well.
When updating Themes or Plugins, I usually only backup the database and plugins / themes files.
There is no need to backup the uploads folder.

Also, you can label the backups.
Essentially UpdraftCentral uses the same widget / popup that is used, when using the UpdraftPlus plugin directly.

This would be very nice for MainWP as well.

Thanks
Daniel

Hi @DanP

If you are using the Premium version of the UpdraftPlus plugin, please make sure to enable the Premium support in the extension settings.

After that, if there are discrepancies between the options offered by the extension and the plugin, please take screenshots of it and report them here.

If you have suggestions about features that UpdraftCentral has, and you’d like to see us implement, please suggest them on our official feedback site: https://feedback.mainwp.com

That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most.

Hi @bojan,

thanks for your quick reply.
I have the Premium support enabled and it’s working correctly. I am using the Pro feature “Backup time and scheduling”.

This is how MainWP extension and UpdraftPlus Plugin differ:

MainWP extension:

UpdraftPlus Plugin:

Thanks
Daniel

1 Like

Thank you for the screenshots and additional details.

I’ll pass this information on to our development team for further investigation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.