What is Daily Update Frequency and what does it mean?

I recently installed MainWP and I’m really liking it so far, however I am curious if there’s a way to run the daily sync multiple times throughout a single day.

I have automatic daily sync time set to 7:30 and my daily update frequency to Eight times per day.

However, I’m not sure what the daily update frequency setting is used for. I’m not understanding the explanation in the KB.

Can someone fill me in on this? Also, is there a way to auto sync the child sites on a more frequent basis (every 10 minutes, every 1 hour, etc.)?

Hi @jmyrtle,

Actually the process runs together. The Daily Auto Update frequncy includes the sync process to.

So if you have this feature set to 8 times per day, it means that your dashboard will sync with child sites every 3 hours.

So if I wanted to do it at every 1 hour, is this possible? Sounds like I would have to set this at 10 times a day?
Sorry, I don’t math well :laughing:

Hi @jmyrtle, every hour option is not available. The most frequent is if you set it to twelve times per day, which means that it will run every 2 hours

24h / 12 = 2h :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks!

I don’t think my child sites are automaticaly synchronizing. I didn’t run a child sync since 10:47am and I had to manually do it after 3 hours even when it was already set to 8 times per day… Is something setup wrong?

Even if it is set to 12 times a day, the child sites do not update automatically every 2 hours…

Hi @jmyrtle,
Can you please confirm that the WP Cron is enabled on your dashboard site and that other scheduled actions are working correctly?

I can confirm this. WP-Cron is enabled in my site settings and it is running as expected.

My Wordpress Cron actions are also running properly. I came in this morning and the site synchronized at 7:13am this morning, not 7:30am.

Hi @jmyrtle,

Can you please monitor your setup over the next couple of days and see if the problem occurs again or it was just a one-time incident.

It is working now, however the time is still not synchronizing properly. I changed this later to 8am every 2 hours and it still synchronizes at 7am every 2 hours…

Does the time match your server time-zone?

The timezone in the server and MainWP appear to match.

ok, thanks for verifying that.

let’s see how it goes over the next couple of days.

After waiting over the weekend and monitoring the sync this morning, the child sites are still synchronizing at the wrong times.

Is it always one hour difference or a random difference?

It appears to be one hour off of the time I set. I’ve set it in my dashboard settings to 8am, 12 hours per day. But my dashboard will sync at 7:15am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:00pm. It continues after hours when I am gone for the day, but when I come back, the cycle is still the same.

Since you have “RTC in local TZ” set to no that your server is handling daylight saving time adjustments correctly?

The local time is correct since it is using DST. Unless RTC needs to be enabled (which I don’t see why it should), I’m not sure what to do or what the problem could be.

Hi @jmyrtle,

I am suspecting that there si some timezone settings misconfigured, but instead of digging deeper in the server settings, can you try to set your dashboard to run at 9 AM with 12 syncs per day.

If we assumed right, Dashboard will start at 8 AM and continue the cycle every 2 hours.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.