Why can we not update the plugins and themes in the Favorites section?

I just checked (again) and I see no way to update the plugins and themes we have set in our favorites and this just does not make sense.

Can you please add this, just like we’re updating the sites, so that we don’t upload old stuff and/or have to delete and re-upload.

Just being able to update this makes so much sense and it will mean that a new site will have the latest (hopefully safe) version immediately.

I hope this happens quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @SuppY

When you add a plugin or a theme to Favorites by starring it on the Plugins/Themes > Install page, and you then install that plugin/theme through the Plugins/Themes > Favorites Plugins/Themes page, you will always install the latest version available on the wordpress.org repository.

However, if you add a plugin/theme by uploading a ZIP file, then only that version will be installed when installing it through the Favorites page. It’s a rather tricky problem to have those plugins/themes automatically updated, especially when it comes to premium versions that are not available on the wordpress.org repository.

But please feel free to make a suggestion about this on our feedback site.
That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.