How to detect Oxygen Builder updates

I found How to add Oxygen Builder to be detected by MainWP Dashboard when there is an update, but in my case it wasn’t working (perhaps due to some code changes in MainWP?), but I found this alternative worked for me (just the filter name changed):

add_filter( 'mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update', 'myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update', 10 );
function myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update( $premiums ) {
   $premiums[] = 'oxygen/functions.php';
   return $premiums;
}

I discovered that filter name change based on this example in GitHub too: mainwp-custom-dashboard-extension-examples/custom-support-for-premium-plugins-updates.php at master · mainwp/mainwp-custom-dashboard-extension-examples · GitHub

I also created a PR to add Oxygen Builder by default so that MainWP shouldn’t require that code snippet anymore, if accepted: Added three premium plugins for detection by d19dotca · Pull Request #556 · mainwp/mainwp · GitHub

1 Like

Hi @d19dotca,
I checked the original filter and still working for me:

Strange! Any idea why both are working? Not an expert in filter/hook.
Thanks, Fred

No idea, am hoping the MainWP team can weigh in on that too as I’d also like to know! I just wasn’t getting the expected results in my case using your code and that’s when I discovered it had a different hook in the one on their GitHub so I tried that and it suddenly worked. Was really weird though as I’m not sure why it’d work for you and not me for example. Maybe a version change or something odd?

I actually submitted a PR to help MainWP just pick up the changes by default without needing to use that premium plugin code snippet method, so hopefully the snippets will be a thing of the past anyways for at least Oxygen Builder users. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to know as well which filter we should use.

I want to be notified when other premium plugins need update, like with Fluent Forms Pro for example.

Hi @adrienrobert,
My snippet is working to give me an alert for WPFluentForm updates, check this out:

FF and Oxygen in the same site! :slight_smile:

Can you post a screenshot of your snippet please?

Even better, here is the code:

// Add detection for custom plugins or undetected
add_filter( 'mainwp_request_update_premium_plugins', 'myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update', 10 );
function myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update( $premiums ) {
   $premiums[] = 'oxygen/functions.php';
   return $premiums;
}

Just realized that it is only for Oxygen, not FF so FF must be automatically detected by MainWP… Sorry for the confusion

Yeah it’s only some plugins that MainWP doesn’t pick up, and I really have no idea why that is. What makes the ones different that it can’t detect? Hoping MainWP team can shed some light on this along with what filter to be using.

Where are you using this code?

Inside the Custom Dashboard extension?

That’s why I asked for a screenshot and not just the code ahah.

Is there a reason why Oxygen (and other common plugins) update detection is not just being added to MainWP natively?

Yes @adrienrobert - inside the custom dashboard:

1 Like

Do we need to open the php tag at the beginning of this custom area?

Nope!

1 Like

That’s specifically why I already filed a PR in their Git repo, to have that natively added.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.