Once again same Issue with Overview and Site updating notification

Hey, guys, I’ve noticed a problem with the overview widget. It seems that the updates are not being accurately displayed.

It seems to be a similar issue that you had before this might help Issues with displaying updates notifications - differences between overview and update pages

Hey @UniversalDesignz

We aren’t able to reproduce the issue on our test Dashboards.

Can you try temporarily deactivating all non-MainWP plugins on the Dashboard site, then open the Dashboard in an incognito/private browser window and see if that helps?

Hi @UniversalDesignz,

I am unable to reproduce the issue as well. I checked it a few minutes ago. All MainWP plugins are up to date at my end.

Fred

Hey nope, that didn’t help.

@wpexpert same here apart from I have to go the longer root to check the child sites

Thanks for the update.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

And please refer to this Managers thread by its URL in the ticket.

Done! :smiley::+1:t2:

Just to provide an update on this -

We’ve looked into it further and we’ve confirmed that it’s not being caused by a bug in our code.

We are in the process of working with @UniversalDesignz to see why he’s experiencing this issue.

1 Like

I’m delighted to hear that you’ve identified the cause of the issue with MainWP’s Update Overview. It seems like an inadvertent change to the setting for a Staging site has been causing some confusion. Thank you for rectifying this.

To ensure your Update Overview reflects the correct numbers, please navigate to Site > Updates and use the filter on the right to set your site as a Production site. This can also be visualised through the link you provided: MainWP Overview Notification Display Issue Changing the filter from Staging to Production will display the update numbers accurately.

1 Like

The issue was indeed related to the Staging extension and the selection on the Updates page to show Staging sites instead of Production.

To show the updates count for the Production sites in the widget on the Overview page, please select the Production sites from this dropdown menu.

We will be looking to improve this behavior in the next release of our Staging extension.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.